CAPSULE ENDOSCOPY WITH CAPSOCAM INSTRUCTIONS
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE
If you have questions, please call our office @ 303 788 8888
or visit www.southdenvergas.com.
7 days prior to your procedures purchase the following prep medications:
- Buy One bottle of MiraLax (at least 153 grams- you will most likely have extra)
- Mylicon Drops- smallest bottle possible – you will need 1.2 ml total
Day Before Capsule Endoscopy:
- Breakfast– eat a normal breakfast
- Lunch– eat a light lunch before 1:00 PM
- CLEAR LIQUID DIET FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE DAY/NIGHT (nothing colored red or purple to drink)
- At 7:00 PM– Mix seven (7) capfuls of MiraLax (119 grams) with 32 oz. of water or Gatorade (NO RED/PURPLE) and drink all contents
- At 9:30 PM– Take 0.6 mL of Mylicon drops with 8 oz of water
- At 10:00 PM– NOTHING TO DRINK FROM THIS POINT ON (small sips of water with medications allowed)
Day of Capsule Endoscopy:
- Hold all medications until 2 hours after capsule ingestion
- 2 hours prior to capsule ingestion time, mix 1 capful (17 Grams) of MiraLax with 8 oz. glass of water or Gatorade (NO RED/PURPLE) – drink all the contents
After Swallowing the Caposcam Plus Capsule Ingestion:
- Resume clear liquids 2 hours after swallowing the capsule. You may take your medications at this time.
- Take 1 capful (17 Grams) of MiraLax with 8 oz. of water or Gatorade (NO RED/PURPLE)
- Enjoy a light lunch and please document what you eat
- Eat a normal dinner
**FINAL STEPS – FOLLOW RETRIEVAL INSTRUCTIONS**
Each Capsocam kit has retrieval instructions in the box. At the time of ingestion you will be provided a FedEx return envelope and shipping label.
Please watch Capsocam retrieval video:
For the Pillcam, you will need to return to the clinic by the end of the day.