READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS A WEEK BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE
If you have questions, please call our office
@ 303-788-8888 or visit www.southdenvergi.com.
There is a $100.00 flat fee for the exam. This will be collected at the time of check-in. Please wear comfortable clothes that will allow your health care provider to expose the right side of your rib cage. Dresses are discouraged.
The Fibroscan examination is painless, quick and easy, usually taking 15-30 minutes. A non-invasive probe is placed on your right rib cage. During the scan, you will only feel a slight vibration/thump on the skin.
- Are you pregnant? (if yes, Fibroscan CANNOT be done).
- Do you have an implanted cardiac device such as a pacemaker or defibrillators? If yes, Fibroscan CANNOT be done.
- Do you have other implanted devices? If yes, bring remote to turn off during exam if able.
At 3 hours prior to procedure:
- No food
- No water
- No pills or medications
- No smoking
- No gum/mints
- No mouthwash, but okay to brush teeth
- Anything by mouth can result in a false positive for liver cirrhosis. We will reschedule the exam if these instructions are not followed.